This talk took place at Ca’ Foscari, sala Dorigo, 11.40am.
You can find the slides for the complete presentation here [11.5 MB].
- Why annotating 3d worlds
- annotating the hyper textual web
- 3d annotation: available literature
- toboa3d mark i – navigation, search and annotation modules
- why storytelling for annotated 3d spaces ?
- toboa3d mar ii – storytelling modules
- application to cultural heritage scenarios
- an educational story
Why annotating 3d worlds ?
Annotating the hyper textual web
3d annotation: available literature
2003 : MPEG-7 (Halabala) (Mansouri, 2005) (Bilasco et al., 2005))
2006 : X3D (Pittarello et al.)
2008 : CityGML
2009 : Collada (Havemann et al.)
2009 : Collada and CIDOC-CRM (Rodriguez-Echavarria et al.)
toboa3d mark I – navigation, search and annotation modules
“Proposal of a web-based specification, software architecture and set of interfaces for annotating and browsing 3D worlds for the net.”
Based on existing web standards.
ToBoA-3D is based on X3D ISO specification, derived from XrML.
Needs: defining an ontology, support for folksonomies.
Because of a tight schedule, at that point the presentation is shortened and does not include the complete outline. Pittarello then makes a live demonstration of the ToBoA-3D tool.